Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Hiatus By Any Other Name

hiatus. 2a :  an interruption in time or continuity :  break; especially :  a period when something (as a program or activity) is suspended or interrupted hiatus
from writing>

It would appear that I have taken a hiatus from blogging.
   
Yep, that's what it was alright. A hiatus. 

There is still so much to say and my brain has been working overtime in a feeble attempt to put my thoughts in order. But try as I might it appears that my mind doesn't work that way.  

I've read many, many articles and e-books about blogging, and they all say the same thing. 

IT IS IMPERATIVE TO ORGANIZE YOUR THOUGHTS BEFORE YOU BEGIN BLOGGING.

Baloney! If that were true I would never ever have written a post. EVER.  That isn't how this mind works. True story.

So I am throwing caution to the wind and, with a fresh start, I am taking a deep breath and beginning again, with no particular plan in mind and no idea what will come of my writing.  Probably twaddle.  So be it.

I do know that if I keep all these thoughts and ideas bottled up without letting them out via fingers on the keyboard, eventually I'm gonna BLOW!!!  

I will write as the mood strikes me, sometimes calm and sometimes you've-got-to-be-kidding-me-did-he-actually-have-the-nerve-to-write-that honest. Its all about being genuine, authentic, true.  It's not about organizing my thoughts. Never has been.

Thus ends the hiatus. :)
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com