Thursday, October 16, 2014

God Invited Himself To School Today


The following conversation may or may not have happened in school today ....   ;)


KID: (in front of the entire class) I went to church last night. Can I show you what I got?

TEACHER: Sure.

KID: (reaches into a gym bag) I got this! (shows teacher his "quiet time" book)

TEACHER: Cool!  That's an Olympian Club book!  My kids have those, too!

KID: I'm having trouble with it.  I can't do this.

TEACHER: What can't you do?

KID: It's on this page. (shows the teacher a page that has a crossword puzzle based on James 7)

TEACHER: Well, first you have to look up James 7.

KID: I don't have a Bible.

TEACHER: Follow me. (Kid walks to the teacher's desk. Teacher reaches into his top drawer, pulls out his Bible, and hands it to the kid.)

KID: Thanks!  I'll get it back to you when I'm done.

TEACHER: Keep it.  I don't need it back.  I have another one.

 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (Galations 6:9)
 Sometimes an opportunity arises in the most unlikely way, in the most unlikely place, at the (seamingly) most inappropriate time.  Still, when a student needed something, God made sure this teacher had the resources at his fingertips to help the student.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com