Monday, June 27, 2011

An Organized Garage Is A Happy Garage

Every project I start gets interrupted by someone or something at some point.  The firepit is no exception.  Only this time there was a very good reason for the unintended hiatus.  I had to cut some wood to frame in the bricks for the pit, but I couldn't ... um ... get to the miter saw.

You see, my garage has been the tragic victim of neglect for quite some time now, and the tip-toe dance to get from one end to the other had to stop.  Today.

I hauled a lot of junk out of the garage and onto the driveway and began throwing things into the van to be dumped over the riverbank ...er ... I mean ... taken to the dump. There were a bunch of tree branches, some of which had been cut into smaller pieces for campfires, and the larger ones split and stacked.  The weeds, however, were another story.  There they were in the middle of the driveway, taking up the precious space I needed to organize the contents of the garage.

Are you starting to catch on?  The garage project was successfully interrupted by the dumping of weeds and trash over the riverbank at the appropriate depository.  As I realized that my stomach was grumbling and the sun was setting, I stuffed all the stuff back into the garage until tomorrow, when I will begin the entire process again.

Another productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com