Saturday, June 25, 2011

Build A Shelter ... And Sit Under It.

My first day of summer vacation was fairly productive, though the list continues to grow. *Hi Honey!*  I've wanted a roof over the deck since we bought this place in '03 but we couldn't afford one.  This year I designed a contraption made entirely of run-of-the-mill hardware store PVC and an 8' x 10' heavy duty tarp.  Pretty smooth, don't ya think? The boys and I put it up today, along with two top-of-the-line resin adirondack chairs.  They thought it was extremely cool when it rained and they didn't get wet.

I still have to build stairs down to the backyard from the back of the deck and knock out the rail.  That will have to wait for another day.

Project number 2 involved a creative way to dress-up the grave of our 16 year old dog.  We wanted to do something functional and pretty, as well as make it difficult for the new puppy to dig up the old pooch. 
A place to have backyard campfires seemed appropriate because it would remind us of all the campfires we had with our old husky, and would be a gathering place for our family to make new memories.

In all my first day of vacation worked out pretty well.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sit under my shelter.  TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com