Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Those Guys Made Me Think

We got rid of the old, tattered sofa yesterday.  Two guys came with a pickup truck, and carried it out of our house.  They were close friends, as was obvious by their conversation and demeanor.  They joked as they worked, like a couple of college buddies moving dorm furniture.  Ridiculous as it seems, those two guys made me think about my friends. 

The friends I have made over the last several years are very few, and not of my age.  Don't get me wrong; there is something very right and comforting about developing friendships across generations, sort of a mentor-mentee thing.  But a guy needs other guys of his own age and kind, just to "hang with."  Sadly, right now I don't have that in my life.  Other than my wife (Love you honey!!), there is no one my own age whom I can call any time of day or night to come over and hang out, or to talk through a tough problem, or to help me with ... whatever.  No conditions, no questions asked.

Maybe it's just a matter of putting myself out there... maybe not.  I don't know.  Anyway, that's today's thought.

... Later!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com