Sunday, December 18, 2011

Call?? Perhaps Not.

I've been tossing around the idea that God may be calling me to a new direction, one that involves some sort of ministry that involves the Bible (big DUH, there) and husbands.

All of my research (yes, I actually research this stuff) leads me to two truths about being called by God:
  1. It involves an inner "rightness."  It has to feel like it's the right thing to do.  If it feels like it would be wrong, or contradictory to the Word of God (sin), then it isn't God's voice, it isn't the Holy Spirit, it isn't a "calling."
  2. It includes outward confirmation.  In some way, things have to work out to make it possible to do what is necessary to fulfill the call.  If too many things are working against you, then 
    • you likely are not being called by God, or
    • it is a call, and Satan doesn't like it.
What, then, am I to do with this?  I still feel an inward "rightness," but I'm not sure about the source of the resistance.

I suppose I just pray and wait.  and keep mum until I am sure.  No more spouting off about "husband should this, husbands shouldn't that.  At least, for now, I'm going to lay low on the topic for a while, until I know more about whether or not I should be doing this.


...Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com