Friday, April 6, 2012

My Little Brother

I try to keep work related topics out of my blog, but today I'm going to make an exception. 

I have a student who has consistently gone the extra mile for me.   I won't mention his name, but many of you know who he is.  He is now a senior, and he is an inspiration to his friends and classmates.  The younger students look up to him as an example.  He is strong in the Lord and he isn't afraid to say so. 

He doesn't hesitate to help whenever I need him.  He never asks what or why, he simply says, "yes, I'll be there." Also, he isn't afraid to call me up short when I deserve a kick in the rear end.  An exceptional kid.

Yesterday, knowing I was not at the top of my game, he just stepped in and began running the auditorium sound board, doing mic checks, making sure the talent show participants had everything they needed.  He just knew that I was stressed out, and he cancelled his day (with the permission of his teachers, of course) and stayed in the auditorium all day. 

He's sort of like the little brother I never had.  He's going to graduate in June, and I'm going to miss him something awful. 

I didn't want too much time to go by without mentioning this kid and what an inspiration he is to me. 

That's all I wanted to say.


... Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com