Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Breakfast Anyone?

This morning I was treated to a delicious breakfast.  It wasn't a breakfast I would have made for myself, nor was it a fancy, gourmet treat from some exclusive bake shoppe.

Rather, it was a piece of toast, broken in half and smeared with peanut butter.  Not exactly elegant, but made with love.

My 7 year old son decided to make breakfast for everyone, and doing the best he knew how, made what he knew how to make.

As he proudly presented his masterpiece to me, I raved about what a big boy he is becoming, and what a big responsibility it is to make breakfast for his family.   He radiated with pride and accomplishment.

Was it a breakfast I would have made for the family?  No, but it was the best breakfast I've had in a long, long time.


... Later!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com