Thursday, November 27, 2014

Today, I'm Thankful

^Thanksgiving. Anyone who knows me knows this to be favorite holiday.

Why?

Simple. Nothing is required but to be thankful.


  • No toys to be purchased.
  • No decorations or lights to be hung.
  • No cards to send.
  • No financial burden (except a turkey, and most of them are deeply discounted this time of year).
This year I'm thankful for many things ...
  • My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who came to Earth to save me.
  • My beautiful wife, who is the best help meet I could have imagined.
  • The smart, gorgeous children God has given us. Each one is unique and wonderful.
  • My brother and sisters. Even though we've had our differences, I couldn't imagine my life without them.
  • In laws,  cousins, brothers and sisters in law and other extended family who love us and care for us.
  • My DNA accountability group. We are few, but we are faithful.
  • My (relatively) good health.
  • Our church, some of whom are like family to us.
  • Our LEAH home school group, who have surrounded my wife with an overwhelming blanket of prayer and love in the face of devastating news.
  • An excellent team of doctors and nurses.
  • My work family who check on me every day to see how I'm holding up.
  • The kind people who provided a Thanksgiving basket to us, "just because."
  • A warm home.
  • Reliable vehicles.
  • And, of course, pumpkin pie. :)
So, this year on my favorite holiday I am filled with gratitude for all the things, both tangible and intangible,  that God has provided for me and my family. I  do not know what this year will bring,  but I am confident that He will see us through it.


And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com