Friday, November 14, 2014

Slow Down and Enjoy the Conversation


Some days I reflect on my life.  I had both sad and happy memories. There are surely some things I remember more fondly than they occurred in reality, but when it came to supper time, there was a unique quality surrounding the supper table, especially in the later years, that tugs on my heart strings.


The conversation was friendly, the food was warm, and the time slipped away unnoticed by all those who sat around the table. 

After supper there was always coffee or tea, and more conversation.  It wasn't unheard of to sit for two or three hours, just talking and laughing. 

It seems we don't have time for that anymore.  Maybe if we made time for coffee talk we would be happier people. Maybe we would slow down and find more joy in other areas of our lives.

Or maybe we would just let the dishes pile up in the sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com