Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just Give Me A Commode and a Laptop

Some people were talking at work today about a most disgusting and unusual subject (figures I would be involved in this discussion).  It was quite a conversation starter that lasted the better part of the morning and took place in several locations throughout the campus.  It all centered on this question:
If you knew without a shadow of doubt that you were going to be stricken with a stomach bug within the next 24 hours, and you were given a choice, would you choose (a) the pukes or (b) the squirts (diarrhea).  You must defend your choice.
While this may seem a no-brainer to most people, I was shocked at the number of people who prefer puke over diarrhea.  I happen to be on the squirt side myself, for several reasons.
  1. I don't like the "try to talk yourself out of it" routine that invariably happens several minutes prior to the big hurl.
  2. When I have the squirts, I can still eat whatever I want, and it will not come back up.
  3. I can take my laptop into the bathroom and sit on the throne for five and a half hours before the battery dies (longer if I remember to bring the charger).
  4. I can definitely live without the chunks that stick around between my throat and sinuses after a good heave-ho. 
There are many other reasons, I'm sure, but these are sufficient for me to make my choice.  What about you?



... Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com