Saturday, February 4, 2012

Random Saturday Morning Thoughts

It's Saturday morning, and as I sit in my recliner with a cup of coffee and the laptop, I find myself strangely calm in light of several tempests that are stirring in and around my life.  It's funny how the anxiety caused by trials and the helplessness caused by the "There's-absolutely-nothing-you-can-do-about-it" factor seemingly balance out one another, creating an over all "ahhhhh."

Or it could be that I've finally gotten to the point where I just don't give a rat's ass.

Some thoughts on this week

* * *
SLO (Student Learning Objectives) - NYS has adopted this idea hook, line, and sinker.  It stinks.  It comes with more paperwork than a ten-year IRS audit, and I predict that it will implode under it's own weight before it gets off the ground.  That said, we STILL have to go through it and produce an SLO (part of our annual performance review) before September.

"No, we're not making you teach to a test."  Yeah.  What ever.

* * *
Insurance companies cooperate ONLY after they are threatened with viable legal action.  Unfortunately that is what it took for ours to come through with a check - a check that was written to us AND our mortgage company.  Nice - just keep jumping through those hoops.

* * *
When grown-up siblings fight with each other, it is U-G-L-Y.  That is all.

* * *
When I grow up I want to be a beach bum.  But without the beach (I hate the beach.  LOVE the water, hate the beach).  I'd like to just hang out and have fun for the rest of my life.  I've tried it and found that I'm quite good at it.  I think, nay, I am sure that I would be stunning in that career.

* * *
The longer I live in this big, beautiful, drafty, old historic house,  the more I appreciate the beauty of our little house with its postage stamp garden and quaint picket fence.  It isn't that I don't appreciate the beauty of this place, or the convenience of living downtown, or the fact that our family is together.  It's just that enough is enough already.  I want to go home.


That's all for now.  You may return to your regularly scheduled lives.


...Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com