Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hwy 7 Bar and Grill

Last night I went to Hwy 7 Bar and Grill in Bainbridge, NY to have a late supper with some friends.  The atmosphere sort of reminds me of a cross between a friendly neighborhood bar and a Texan sports bar with rustic charm.  A number of flat screens are tuned to different channels throughout the place and classic rock mixed with 60s and 70s tunes were playing over the sound system. Our table was in a warm corner and even though it was near the door, we were quite nicely protected from the cold air when people entered the
room. 

The staff was very friendly.  We even had a personal visit from the owner, as did every other table in the joint.  Our drinks and food arrived quickly after being ordered, and refills were offered frequently enough that we didn't run dry.

The food ... The first thing up was a dessert pretzel item that included a sweet, creamy white chocolate, whipped cream dipping sauce.  This was the most unusually delicious appetizer I've had in a very long time.  It seemed almost wrong to have a dessert-like appetizer, but it sure was tasty!

I ordered the American cheeseburger, which consisted of 1/2 ground round with American cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion on a brioche roll.  Cooked medium, please. :)

That's what I ordered. I received the "Amazing Bacon Burger."  Someone else got my order.  I decided to not make a big deal of it.  After all, it was still a burger with a; those things a burger normally has, PLUS BACON!  And even though it was well-done as opposed to medium, it was juicy without soaking the bun, and the condiments were well-placed on the burger so they stayed put without destroying the integrity of the sandwich. 

So, even though my order was wrong, I still had a very good sandwich and a pretty good experience at Hwy 7 Bar and Grill in Bainbridge, NY.  

I definitely would give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com